Department: Customer Service and Technical Support
Reports To: Customer Service Manager
Job Type: Regular Job Status: Full-Time FLSA Status: Exempt
Amount of Travel Required: 25%. Seasonal.
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday business hours; Plus trade shows and to meet dealer’s needs.
Provide technical service, support and training to NECO dealers, AGI sales force, and end users of NECO equipment. Represents NECO and provides excellent support for outside sales activities. Assists manufacturing in continuous improvement projects, quality root cause analysis and corrective actions. Assists product engineering in development of new products and field testing.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation,
each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Provide technical support services and warranty administration for dealers and customers for NECO products.
Travel to job sites to provide technical assistance (i.e. field service) as needed. Help to administer the Returned
Material and Warranty process.
• Train customers and employees on NECO products. Provide proactive dealer training to ensure the dealer base
has the knowledge and tools to do start-ups, trouble shoot and service NECO products
• Support outside sales activities by participating in trade shows (i.e. set-ups, representing NECO to customers,
transporting equipment to / from NECO); Support sales calls and dealer on-site customer training (lunch-n-learns);
Train territory managers on NECO products; Assist in the development of marketing collateral. Provide intelligence
on key competitor products and activities
• Collect and assimilate dealer feedback and customer needs via product surveys; transfer information to internal
resources (Sales, Engineering, Manufacturing).
• Assist with installation, testing, data collection and support of new products with product engineers.
• Work in the manufacturing plant with production personnel, supporting continuous improvement projects
and quality root cause analysis and corrective actions.
• Other duties as assigned
• Communication: Must have excellent verbal communication skills, in English, and the ability to identify and satisfy customer needs so as to improve customer retention and loyalty.
• Self-Motivated and Directed: Is internally motivated and inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her-own drive and initiative. Ability to analyze and solve problems quickly, take initiative and work with minimum supervision.
• Ethical: Demonstrates professional and ethical conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
• Responsible: Able to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
• Safety Awareness: Is knowledgeable of safety rules and procedures; Identifies and corrects unsafe conditions. Acts in safe manner in hazardous environments and conditions.
• Accountability: Seeks and accepts responsibility and accounts for his/her actions.
• Relationship Building: Effectively builds strong, positive working relationships with customers and co-workers.
• Active Listening: Exercises active listening while working with others, especially customers. Attends to the other person / speaker and conveys understanding with follow up comments and questions.
• Training: Develops skills in others to bring them up to a predetermined standard of work performance.
• Technical Aptitude: Understands and comprehends complex technical topics and specialized information. Able to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
• Knowledge and Professionalism: Understands responsibilities of current position and relevant information regarding industry standards. Must have high degree of professionalism, leadership aptitude, project management potential and decision making ability.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (4-year college or technical school) in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering, Mechanized Systems Management, or related field, preferred. OR, Associate’s Degree (2-year college or technical school) in related technical subject plus practical hands-on technical experience equivalency (i.e. 3 to 5 years in field / agricultural environments).
Experience: Experience in the following areas strongly preferred: Agriculture Products Technical Service / Maintenance and Operation, Electrical, Grain Dryers, PLC’s, Hands-On Mechanical troubleshooting skills.
Computer Skills: Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Email and internet. Some working knowledge and ability in using computer aided drawing software preferred. Ability to program in excel desired.
Other Requirements: Must possess current driver’s license and good driving record. Subject to MVR for insurability of company vehicles. Must have passport and be able to travel domestically and internationally OR must have the ability to secure a passport..
Qualified & Interested candidates please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% – 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Manually Manipulate O
Reach Outward O
Reach Above Shoulder O
Squat or Kneel O
10 lbs or less O
11-20 lbs O
21-50 lbs O
51-100 lbs O
Over 100 lbs N
12 lbs or less O
13-25 lbs O
26-40 lbs O
41-100 lbs O
Other Physical Requirements
• Vision: able to read detailed electrical schematics with or without corrective eyewear.
• Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – Safety Glasses, Hearing Protection, Gloves, Harness
• Ability to travel to job sites.
Office, field, agricultural, and manufacturing environments exposure. Subjected to occasional harsh weather during field service work.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.